So, I just cracked 1,000 followers after just cracking 1,000 posts the other week. This is not the kinda thing that I usually would feel comfortable commenting upon, but let me take this as an occasion to thank and send love and respect and solidarity and appreciation to some of those folks who have been both challenging and supporting the weird project that is this blog from the start?
Many thanks and love, first and foremost, to my writing group, who I won’t name but include three of the smartest and most intellectually generous people I know, with so much love to spread and so much shade to throw. Thanks to a certain JS who sent me my first fan letter in November ‘10. Let me also put my interlocutor for life, wordsandsteel, up front because she introduced me to tumblr in the first place and also because I know she likes showing up in acknowledgements twice. I love the solidarity that curate has always been so amazing at generating, and I totally remember being kinda gleeful to have generated a post deemed worthy of a curate reblog. I am always challenged by guerillamamamedicine’s vision. I feel blessed to have been able to make a mutual tumblr crush with the blindingly brilliant miswritten into a friendship i can count on.
I think it was isabelthespy who taught me the beauty of a carefully penned tl;dr, and I know that it’s shana—e who teaches me something new about precise hateration like ey’day. I’ve grown and passed landmarks alongside dr. minou, whom I’ve also hung out with in two different cities, neither of which I currently call home. I miss ch-ch-chuffed, lavenderlines, and the now defunct faithandbegorrah quite a bit. abbyjean be spreading that good word, man. I fully expect and look forward to chill in socal with novazembla in the near future, and I promise you that the only reason I would ever go to a certain state which I won’t name is to hang with ideleteme, who miraculously hasn’t deleted that name in a bit! When I think of wordsandsteel I start involuntarily singing that horrible fabulous & ne-yo song (see how you ended up in here again?). the sharp so-treu and blackamazon put in so much work to keep this motherfucker hella interesting (I should note that as a non-east bay native, i only allow myself two uses of the h-word a month). james-bliss and i seem to have worked out an implicit agreement where we don’t “like” each other’s shit but I find his writing compelling. tumblr crush for life on the brilliant lazz. pussy-strut reminds me why i need feminism. karaj reorganizes my relationships to its issues. transartorialism and mewmewfoucault! when are we going to meet?
I know I’m forgetting some people, but the point of this post isn’t just to name everyone who’s been around for a while, and who I’ve been reading and whose support I appreciate, it’s also to say thank you to everyone who’s been reading this and to let you know that I hope that you’re as excited to continue to read and push me as I am about continuing to read, and hopefully challenge, you. Thanks, y’all.
- wordsandsteel reblogged this from lowendtheory and added:
- ub14 likes this
- derica likes this
- bagofshit likes this
- lau-fi likes this
- aloofshahbanou likes this
- mumblesauce likes this
- lowendtheory likes this
- so-treu likes this
- karaj reblogged this from lowendtheory and added:
- cadillacademic said: ditto re: Meryl Streep (except insert Dame Judy Dench or CCH Pounder throwing down them voiceover skills). how humbling. gush and blush, homie. <3
- cadillacademic likes this
- minou likes this
- apatosaurus likes this
- curate reblogged this from lowendtheory and added:
- rakalak likes this
- vokkaab likes this
- caricapapaya likes this
- transartorialism likes this
- karaj likes this
- sisteroutsider likes this
- taoistdrunk likes this
- heroin-e likes this
- ideleteme likes this
- ideleteme said: i would totally make it fun, i swear! also, this is the sweetest! xoxo
- ahnka likes this
- deepfriedcoconutbutter said: <3!!!
- computerblu likes this
- jonathanbogart likes this
- deepfriedcoconutbutter likes this
- lix likes this
- isabelthespy likes this
- isabelthespy said: man i feel like meryl streep just complimented my acting, you are one of the smartest people out there and i feel so lucky just to be able to read the words you choose to share with us. HEARTS 4 UUUUU
- pussy-strut said: so flattered. can’t wait for you to come east so we can talk shit.
- hypocritelecteuse said: <3 and CONGRATULATIONS!
- hypocritelecteuse likes this
- tanacetum-vulgare likes this
- blackamazon likes this
- abbyjean said: honored. thanks!
- pussy-strut likes this
- lowendtheory posted this